Raise Your Glass

Just wrote this one this week. It has a kind of mellow feel to it. Sometimes I write lyrics from my own feelings, sometimes I write them to fit a song. This is one where when I wrote the lyrics I was trying to convey the feeling of the song.

21.2.09
Blogger Becca says:
Ok, this song is going to be my mantra this week. :)

By the way, it totally sounds like the soundtrack for a movie. It has a nice up-beat feel. Like it!
2/21/09, 7:11 PM  
Blogger Stacy Emmons says:
I agree with Becca: my new motto, and could definitely be a soundtrack!

I love it!!!! I'm gonna e-mail the link to my friend Anne, kay?
2/23/09, 9:57 AM  
Blogger Belle says:
Wow...I listened to this the other day, and I listened to it again just now. It sounds different to me than your other songs...but I like it. You're good. ^_^

By the who, I posted a link to your YouTube video "Fairytale"

I hope you don't mind...a lot of people LOVE it. B/c you're just that good!

And it's been way cute...I've caught myself, Chris, and the older girls walking around humming or singing your songs. *lol*

YOU BABY ROCK!!!
2/24/09, 11:20 AM  
Blogger Belle says:
I forgot to say that I posted the link on my facebook account.

So now when you look up "Gordon Garner" on iLike it lists you as being on Facebook! hahaha
2/24/09, 11:21 AM  
Blogger Belle says:
(I tried to subscribe to your channel...but I think you have to have a YouTube account and have videos and songs and such...so then I didn't....but I've downloaded all of your songs (and dads) and have been listening to them since Sunday. I LOVE THEM!!!!!!)
2/24/09, 11:22 AM  
Blogger Stacy Emmons says:
GORDON!!!! I just got to tell you--- this would make a great medley with the Hawaiian-type version of "Somewhere over the Rainbow." I kind of find myself singing it as some kind of harmony. It's AWESOME!!!
4/14/09, 1:12 PM  
Blogger Gordon True says:
You're brilliant... I love that version of somewhere over the rainbow, but didn't notice the similarities, funny. I'm sure it somehow subconsciously inspired my song, though. Sweet!
4/15/09, 12:54 PM